Job ID 367799
This programme is moving us from a limited set of capabilities to a modern, could-based, application portfolio that will enhance our operations in all areas. The focus of this role will be on the build out of the Technology Baseline model, establishing a Technology Strategy and supporting planning into the next investment period for the Transmission business. There will also be solution design work on individual projects from across any of the current value streams within the Digital Programme. The role will report to the Lead Solution Architect as part of a growing architecture team.
Skills / Experience Required
– The role is for a generalist solution, or enterprise, architect with a focus on solutions modelling and strategy definition, rather than a technical or infrastructure specialist.
– A background in a solution development or delivery role, with experience of both agile and waterfall delivery methods, and an understanding of the priorities and challenges across the full system lifecycle.
– A structured and methodical approach (e.g. TOGAF) to solutioning, and able to lead discussions and influence stakeholders who are used to operating with less structured approaches.
– Experience of working in procurement processes to specify solutions through tenders and evaluate supplier proposals.
– Specific technology/subject experience should ideally cover one or more of data and systems modelling, EA tools, designing Power BI reports and writing technology strategies.
– The ability to operate at both a strategic level, and to deliver more detailed designs, with the authority that comes from a deep and broad technical knowledge.
– Collation of existing design artefacts and catalogues, from a range of sources, to create a central model of Transmission's technology baseline.
– Designing and leading the implementation a reporting solution against the Technology Baseline.
– The creation of a Technology Strategy document that describes what solutions we will deploy to meet the needs of our overall Digital Strategy for Transmission.
– Support the definition of the objectives and solution outcomes for the next regulatory investment period (RIIO-T3). This will set out the plan of solution delivery to support the Transmission business up to 2030.
– Apply the disciplines of solution architecture to bring a structured and controlled approach to programme and project delivery.
– Responsible for developing high level solution architectures that align to the overall Technology Strategy, on individual projects and at value stream level, working in close collaboration with technical specialists
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit