Job ID 371308
£20,000-£25,000 per year based on experience
Our client is looking to add a Service Desk Engineer to the business due to an increase in workload. This role would ideally suit someone in a 1st Line role looking to move into 2nd Line in 12-18 months.
Some of the technologies you would be expected to deal with include; Windows Server, VMware, Hyper-V, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365 and RDS. A good base of networking knowledge, ideally CISCO, and VOIP systems is highly desirable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Diagnose and fix IT issues
* Liaise directly with customers regarding technical issues
* Log work and fixes into a helpdesk system
* Work to Service level agreements (SLA)
* Incident management
* Resolve Technical issues
* Support customers and provide a great level of customer service
Essential Skills and Experience:
* A good level of technical skills is essential for this role, with a fundamental understanding of Networking, Server configuration, Active Directory, Exchange Management, Microsoft products and virtualisation.
* At least 2 years’ experience in IT
* MS Office 365 migration experience
* Good understanding of general server, storage and networking technologies
* Good communication skills
* Good documentation skills
* Customer focussed
* Able to work well as part of a team and individually
* Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies