Job ID 344481
Our client is one of the largest multi- academy trusts in the South and East of England. There is an outstanding opportunity for a FT Senior IT Support Engineer to join their team in Crawley. The Senior IT Support Engineer will provide a Tier 2 IT support to resolve higher level issues across regional academies and support the IT manager in distribution of IT support across the region.
You must hold a UK driving licence and undertake and enhanced DBS check. Working hours are 8am – 4pm.
Their primary aim is to support various Primary & Secondary Academies and are committed to providing outstanding teaching and learning to enable all pupils to meet the challenges of the twenty-first century.A great opportunity for someone looking for a career, not just a job!
In addition to the generous basic salary, you will receive outstanding benefits including:
* Workstation set up including laptop and mobile phone
* A wide variety of opportunities for professional development
* Opportunities to work flexibly, where possible
* Our support for your wellbeing at work
* Membership of a generous pension scheme
* Free eye tests at Specsavers
* Free parking
* Employee Assistance Programme – free and confidential advice on a variety of subjects ranging from physical and mental health to financial help
* The option to join our employee discount scheme
IT Support Engineer Responsibilities:
* Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
* Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
* Talk staff through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
* Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
* Support the roll-out of new applications
* Set up new users' accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
* Respond within agreed time limits to call-outs
* 2nd Line support experience
* Working experience with Servers – Managing Antivirus, Backups and SCCM or WDS
* Strong Active Directory experience – Adding/Removing Users and Password resets and Group Policy Management
* Wi-Fi/Aruba experience and understanding
* Switches and Infrastructure – DHCP/DNS and VLANS
* Managing projects using the essentials technologies
* Managing VLAN Ports
* Education experience
Apply now and we can discuss this in more detail and provide you with a more detailed job description.
Due to the large numbers of responses, we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search