Job ID 365429
Junior IT Support Engineer | Chippenham | Full Time | £23,000 – £26,000
Oakford is a substantial Cloud and Managed Service Provider supplying technical services across the South West from our bases in Wiltshire and Dorset. We offer the full spectrum of IT from consultancy and support through to project delivery and installation.
We’re among the elite in the industry and pride themselves on our integrity, knowledge, and experience. We have a great reputation and are consistently growing the business.
We’re already the largest provider of services in this geography but are seeking to build on our existing client relationships while growing more business in the area. We provide great opportunities to learn new skills and with sound growth, the prospects for career advancement are excellent.
The IT Support Engineer is a varied and challenging role. You will be visiting customers on both a scheduled and ad-hoc basis to maintain systems and provide high quality IT support. You may also have regular opportunities to make valuable contributions to the delivery of IT projects.
You must be a positive, friendly, and sociable team player to join our incredible team – a “can do” attitude and sincere passion to deliver high-quality work are critical to success!
Candidates may have some experience of working in an IT environment, but training is available for
all colleagues. You must understand the importance of exceptional customer service to accompany technical skill. We’re seeking intelligent, diligent, and friendly engineers who can combine existing knowledge with newly acquired skills to become an asset to #TeamOakford.
Are you the right person for the job?
Some or all of the following desirable skills:
* Experience of working in an IT environment
* Active Directory and Microsoft 365 administration/support
* Troubleshooting and supporting modern desktop environments (Windows 10/macOS)
* Understanding of computer and server components, networks and infrastructure
The must haves
* The candidate must be able to drive
* Polite, confident and effective communicator
* Sincere passion for exceptional customer service
* Excellent time management and priority determination skills
* Maintaining a high standard of work and professionalism
* Team player – Going The Extra Mile (GTEM), providing feedback and supporting colleagues
* Enhanced DBS (vetting) check (conducted by the company and must remain clean)
What will your role look like?
* With regular visits to customer sites in and around Wiltshire, and occasionally other locations
* Providing on-site and remote technical support to our customers
* Performing various tasks to support service or system maintenance and IT project delivery
* Maintaining a positive working relationship with customers
* Assisting other teams with their tasks if called upon
What can you expect in return?
* Training and pathways to enhance your technical skills
* Company vehicle
* Possible overtime opportunities
* 24 days paid holiday + Bank Holidays
* Onsite fitness suite
* Childcare, eyecare and cycle to work scheme
* Perk scheme
* Employment anniversary awards
* Company funded social events
* Company contributory pension scheme
If you are ready to start your career at Oakford, then click APPLY now! We can’t wait to hear from you!