Job ID 366151
IT Service Desk Engineer
Location: PCGB, Reading
Salary: Up to £28,500 DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Hours: Shift rota, one Saturday in every four from 09.00 – 11.00
We are DEKRA Automotive, we have a unique and challenging opportunity for a 1st Line IT Support Engineer to join our global business employing over 44,000 employees in more than 50 countries on all five continents!
In the UK, we offer diverse services across automotive, oil and gas, insurance and chemical and process safety industries.
The role – IT Service Desk Engineer
You will be the first touch point to Porsche IT, whether this is over the phone, through our service desk portal, direct walk up, or e-mail.
In addition to this as our IT Service Desk Engineer you will assume responsibility for:
* Day to day hardware, software, and application support.
* Accepts inbound requests Phone/Email/Portal/Walk-ups
* Resolving service desk issues by liaising with end-users to ensure that requests are closed in a timely fashion in line within the IT SLA.
* Provide support on standard devices such as laptops, desktops, tablets, phones, and devices.
* Provide technical and functional support on standard applications and software and support for all products/ equipment on the current approved list.
* Provide excellent customer experience and high-quality IT support.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group (executives, managers & subject matter experts) whilst providing an excellent customer experience.
* Creation and management of department and customer facing knowledge base articles.
* Highlight risks to the Help Desk Team Leader where KPIs cannot be met.
* User Provisioning to ensure new user accounts and account deletions are managed correctly.
In order to be successful in this role you must have:
* Fluent in English, both verbal and written
* Full clean driving licence
* Must have 1 Years" proven experience in a Service Desk or IT Help Desk environment role.
* Good problem-solving skills and analytical and diagnostic skills for problem resolution and root cause analysis
It would be great if you had knowledge and experience with some, if not all, of the following technical skills:
* Windows applications (Microsoft 365 Windows 10).
* End Device Client specific’s technology.
* Other expertise such as Networking, TCP/IP.
* AD User Admin, SCCM for Remote Desktop Connection.
* RSA VPN token Admin.
* Jira Service Desk (Insight and Confluence).
* Mobile Iron/Meraki.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who displays ambition and drive who wants to build on their career and progress within a global, market leading organization.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on “APPLY” today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please