Job ID 352007
Infrastructure Engineer paying up to £50k + bonus
Infrastructure Engineer needed for our client in Oxford who has been providing efficient IT solutions to businesses for over 30 years. The team are passionate about the people, technology, innovation and creativity around which the business is based.
You will be well-presented, extremely customer focused, personable and able to communicate with clients up to Board level. As this is a client facing position you will need the ability to form lasting customer relationships.
What will your role as a Senior Engineer look like?
* Implementing/managing new projects and installations, on-site end-user support, supporting and maintaining existing infrastructure, problem analysis and investigation.
* The role will also require documentation and configurations are maintained to a high standard
* Your role will be predominantly Windows/Microsoft focused, including Azure, Office 365, Intune and Serverless deployments, in addition Cisco switches and router experience is essential to support our infrastructure of many thousands of devices
* A high degree of networking implementation, diagnosis and IT security is also required
Are you the right person for the job?
* It is essential that you have 4-5 years’ experience in a similar role
* Azure/365 Experience (at least 12 months from multiple customer deployments)
* Windows Server administration (2016, 2019 and Server 2022)
* Windows Hyper-V Virtualisation
* Active Directory/Azure AD administration including Group Policy configuration.
* Supporting Windows 10/11 and Apple devices, experience supporting these devices in IntuneAppleMeraki MDM would be an advantage.
* Networking TCP/IP and connectivity with an in-depth knowledge of Cisco routers, switches.
* Backup technologies and disaster recovery.
* High level written and verbal communication skills are essential
* Knowledge of AWS, remote management tools, Apple technology, Sophos Firewalls and associated products would be an advantage