Job ID 357756
Infrastructure Engineer required by a thriving cutting-edge design & technology company based in Farnborough, Hampshire. The Infrastructure Engineer will work on exciting projects utilising cutting-edge design and tech, and provide 3rd and 4th line support and engineering across Windows Server, Azure, O365, VMware and Linux OS / platforms whilst gaining additional exposure to tech such as Kubernetes / K8S, Apache (Kafka, NiFi), DevOps, SRE and platform engineering.
Not only will the IT Infrastructure Engineer join a rapidly growing cutting-edge design & technology company, but they will also benefit from:
* Day rate of £550 – £600 per day outside of IR35 with likely contract extensions / multiple projects
* Casual dress environment, Free hot and cold drinks, Company events & social hours, Secure onsite parking, Onsite cafe and restaurant, Onsite gym facilities
A few details about the role
As an Infrastructure Engineer for my client, you will have a varied, exciting and challenging role, and your responsibilities will be very much project dependant. However, typical responsibilities are very likely to include:
* Maintain, improve and secure my client’s multi-classification, virtualised, collaboration and development environments.
* Work with IT infrastructure colleagues to improve my client’s ‘Secure by Design’ capabilities, internally and across its projects.
* Provide Infrastructure support to my client’s public cloud SaaS offerings (Office 365) as well as project-based systems (public, private and hybrid clouds) in implementation and support lifecycles.
* Deal with 2nd, 3rd & 4th line support queries from a geographically dispersed user community.
* Perform maintenance tasks on the infrastructure through change control.
* Assist with monitoring and management of my client’s, and project-based ticketing and alerting systems for new changes and security alerts.
* Triage monitoring alerts and perform appropriate action.
* Maintain monitoring components in line with infrastructure developments.
* Support and manage company audio/visual assets.
* Ensure all systems are patched in line with provider recommendations and my client’s security policy..
* Identify trends and problems and plan changes to improve stability and performance.
* Maintain cutting edge knowledge and skills in the design and build of secure public, private, and hybrid cloud and network technologies.
* Advise customers and project teams on infrastructure and support aspects.
* Cascade knowledge through knowledge articles for the team and wider organisation.
What you will need
* Windows Server 2016+ administration
* VMware vSphere/vCenter
* Azure/Microsoft 365 administration
* Linux (CentOS/RedHat/Ubuntu)
* End-user support (both desk-side and remotely).
* EUD provisioning, maintenance, patching and hardening
* SSO – concepts and operation
* Understanding of working in protectively marked environments
* Any experience with DevOps, Docker, Kubernetes, Apache (Nifi, Kafka) would be a nice to have, but non essential
* MoD SC Level Security Clearance required.
Nice to have
* Kubernetes administration e.g. VMware TKGI, Thin Client architecture and deployment, DevSecOps Tooling , Elastic, Nessus, Application Packaging, HashiCorp Terraform, HashiCorp Vault, Experience working in Agile sprints
If you feel that you are the Infrastructure Engineer for the role, then please apply via the link or contact me through LinkedIn, or our Richmond Square Consulting Ltd website.
Richmond Square Consulting Ltd
Alternative job titles: IT Support Engineer, 3rd Line Engineer, 4th Line Engineer, Infrastructure Support Engineer
Key words: Windows, Microsoft, MS, Office 365, Cloud, Azure, Linux, VMWare, DevOps, Security Clearance, Security Cleared, SC level