Job ID 365444
Information Security Manager
Package: Up to £70,000 (plus up to 15% annual bonus)
Location: Leeds (Hybrid)
Working Pattern: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Information Security Manager Job Introduction
We are looking for an Information Security Manager to take on this interesting, multifaceted opportunity in Leeds.
As the Information Security Manager at MPS you will play a leading role in ensuring the effective operation of our information security management system and improving our control culture. From policies and controls to assurance procedures and privacy risks, you'll work alongside your team to ensure we are meeting industry best practice.
You'll lead your team in embedding information security, governance and risk management across the organisation, driving us towards industry best standards and an ISO27,001 type framework. And with your excellent leadership skills, you'll mentor and coach to build a high-performing team that truly represents the value of information security.
Are you ready to utilise your technical expertise and excellent stakeholder engagement skills, to develop, drive and embed the information security strategy and culture across MPS? Apply today to start your exciting new journey with us!
As the new Information Security Manager, you will also:
* Provide leadership across the Member Experience, Digital and Data division and the Information Security team
* Contribute to the development and delivery of the MEDD strategy
* Manage the information security policy framework and associated standards
* Maintain an effective ISMS and control framework
* Oversee information risk management, control exception & remediation processes
* Deliver the supplier risk management process
* Ensure appropriate assurance over technology projects and specification of security requirements
* Maintain the ongoing training and awareness programme
* Ensure correct operation of security controls owned within the team as required
We are looking for:
The Information Security Manager will manage a team of 3 so we are looking for a progressive and inclusive leader, skilled at influencing and keen on collaborating.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and a particular aptitude for communicating and engaging with non-technical people. You have a high attention to detail, analytical skills and are able to identify complex patterns and trends.
Working in a dynamic environment, you are capable of managing pressure particularly when dealing with threats and high demand. Alongside this, you will have knowledge and
experience of ISO 27001, as well as the wide range of technical, governance, risk and compliance aspects.
Experience in writing effective information security policies/standards and knowledge of risk management frameworks and methodologies such as Cyber Essentials and PCI DSS, you will also possess an in-depth understanding of security domains, auditing standards, and frameworks.
In return, we can offer you:
* Salary up to £70,000
* 11% pension contributions (8% from MPS / 3% from you)
* Annual bonus scheme – up to 15%
* Private Medical Insurance
* Health Care Cash Plan
* 25 days annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays
* Option to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday
* 6x salary death in service
* Paid volunteering day
* A personal GP service enabling you to get a video consultation with an NHS-registered private GP
* A range of shopping discounts
* Financial wellbeing support
* Wellbeing support
The Medical Protection Society Ltd (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for Doctors, Dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world.
We are a not-for-profit organisation, meaning our members’ subscriptions are either invested into bettering the organisation, our employees and our products, or kept safe should our members require support for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions.
To do this, we need colleagues who are trusted and supported to deliver their best work, whether that be through leadership development, fully-funded training courses or peer-to-peer support. We want colleagues to feel empowered to deliver positive change, display ambition to push themselves and be determined when faced with a challenge, whilst ensuring our member’s best interests are at the core.
Information Security Manager