Job ID 362139
I’m working with a leading Telecoms company based in Reading who are rapidly growing their Information Security team. They are investing heavily into all areas of information and this is a really exciting time to join as they face some hugely interesting challenges over the next 12-24 months as well as ongoing security. The security team are key to the operation of the business and have impact and exposure across the wider business.
They are currently looking for an Information security specialist to join the team.
This role is responsible for providing subject matter expertise and guidance to teams across the business to help ensure the day-to-day management and safeguarding of customer information and protection of physical/logical assets of the company.
* Actively represent the Security Organisation by developing and maintaining relationships with business stakeholders and partners to ensure security is considered throughout the lifecycle of projects from conception to operation
* Collaborate closely with architects, designers, engineers, and other cross-functional team members within the organisation to ensure that our solutions are built to the highest security standards.
* Communicates information security risks and issues to business managers
* Applies and maintains specific security controls as required by organisational policy and local risk assessments
* Supports with the effective governance of external partners and internal teams to deliver and assure Security Operations services to the business
* Maintain an in-depth knowledge of industry standards relevant to the role.
* Maintain a broad understanding of security products, an understanding of their architectural principles and integration capabilities
* A number of years of proven experience working in Information Security.
* Ability to communicate complex ideas to non technical people in a clear & concise manner
* Must have a mix of security consulting, and professional services experience
* well versed in security policies & standards, governance, compliance, risk management and security audit practices
* Knowledge of Information security management frameworks, such as NIST, PCI, GDPR, ISO Series, OWASPp the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) etc..
* Must have good written and oral communication skills, including incident reporting and stakeholder management.
* Must have experience in creating and documenting processes (processes, procedures, playbooks etc).
Good to have
* Experience within Telecoms industry
* Cyber Ark
* Privilege Access – Active Directory/AZURE
* Access Management
* Security related certifications are desirable, particularly blue team certs such as SANS / GIAC.
In exchange you get to join and influence one of the biggest telecoms companies in the UK with a huge focus on Information Security at a really exciting time for the organisation.
Based in Reading you will get a great benefits package which includes, flexible hybrid working with a minimum of 2 days a week on site, up to 15% bonus, 4.5% company pension contributions, £6k car allowance, Health care, 31 days annual leave + bank holidays and an addition 3.5% flex bonus which can be taken as a cash bonus, pension or used to pay for additional benefits.
For more information please apply now