Job ID 359255
R&D Hardware Engineer
Team Horizon is seeking a R&D Hardware Engineer for a leading manufacturing company in Galway.
The Hardware Engineer will be responsible for the HW root cause analysis of returned warranty parts.
Why you should apply:
* Our client has developed a stand-out culture of innovation, inclusion and development, and consistently features as a great place to work.
* Excellent contracting rates on offer.
* They put their people first and live their diversity and inclusion values embracing all perspectives.
What you will be doing:
* Responsible for the HW root cause analysis of returned warranty parts.
* Complete the necessary documentation at all stages in debug.
* HW troubleshooting using standard HW analysis tool tools.
* Analyze data from different sources to identify debug paths.
* Support the development of Verification and system tests.
* Initial assessment and severity of issue, considering customer & technical impact.
* Supporting and coaching sites in HW analysis methods for analysis autonomy
* Ensuring problem solving is done with QRQC and PDCA processes.
* Interface and coordinate with the Software Development teams.
* Communicate technical issues both internally and to customers
* And any other duties as assigned.
What you need to apply:
* Degree in Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
* Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in analysis of electronic assemblies, PCB’s.
* Excellent analysis skills in trouble-shooting electronic module failures in embedded systems.
* Electronics measuring equipment i.e. Canoe etc.
* 16 bit & 32 bit microcontrollers (Microchip, Freescale).
* Analysis of electronic assemblies, PCB’s.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Familiar with SMT manufacturing processes