Job ID 365474
Financial Accountant, Andover to £30,000 (part time 30-32 hours)
This growing technology firm in Hampshire is requiring an experienced Accountant on a part time basis (30 hours). They are have been delivering high quality software to the public sector for over 30 years and continue to go from strength to strength.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Financial Accountant is a critical role in a growing team. You must be an excellent communicator ensuring that all finance issues are resolved in an efficient and effective manner.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Prepare monthly Management Accounts including Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet reporting. Ensure that journal data entries are entered in a timely manner, and that transactions are coded correctly
• Prepare Quarterly rolling forecast.
• Prepare Balance Sheet reconciliations for all accounts including intercompany accounts.
• Supervision of all aspects of the accounts function including Invoicing, Accounts Payable and Bank reconciliations, etc.
• Complete and submit quarterly VAT return.
• Manage booking and backlog recordings.
• Ensure that all data is supplied and be the main contact for the Annual audit.
• Preparation of monthly Management Report. Analyse variances from Forecast with explanations.
• Submit monthly data to outsourced Payroll provider and validate payroll details. Process payroll payments.
Skills and Experience
• Hold or be studying towards a recognised Accountancy qualification.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in a commercial environment
• Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to provide advice, influence and negotiate with a diversity of internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
• Have a keen eye for continuous improvement and the willingness to adapt as required.
***HYBRID WORKNG 3 DAYS FROM HOME PER WEEK