Job ID 361968
Ultra PCS are looking for a Database Administrator. As a SQL Server DBA you will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems. The main goal is to ensure the availability and consistent performance of various corporate applications.
Ultra PCS Is in the process of consolidating SQL and Oracle databases. Part of the job role will be migration of datasets between different datacentres and standardising various SQL/Oracle Versions. Migration process will require updating the databases backup and recovery process and updating the SQL/Oracle disaster recovery plan. Updating permission sets and verifying required access based on the IT requirements.
Ultra PCS have recently moved to a new Business Intelligence architecture, utilising SQL Server and SSIS to build a ground-up Data Warehouse, and PowerBI to consistently deliver quality data to our internal customers. One of the key aspects of this role will be to administer our Data Warehouse, ensuring it consistently performs, whilst working to improve and streamline data extraction and transformation procedures.
* To manage SQL Server databases, monitoring the system’s health and performance.
* To manage data extraction and ETL schedules.
* To manage data security and server access.
* To utilise tools such as partitioning, indexing, and parallelisation, to improve the performance of PCS’s data warehouse.
* To ensure the robustness of our data pipelines by monitoring and improving data extraction procedures.
* To manage the transition of data between Development, Test and Production environments.
* Work closely with data analysts, data-source system developers, and end-users, to ensure solutions created meet business requirements and are delivered in a timely manner.
* Ensure development of database architecture, and data pipelines, are documented in line with PCS policies.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
* Expert knowledge of SQL and SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS).
* Strong knowledge of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
* Familiarity with Oracle databases, PL/SQL, and IFS ERP.
* 5+ years of working as a DBA, or a related field (desired).
* Has the ability to self-manage.
* Enjoys working at speed, when necessary, but also able to plan and consider options.
Candidates must be eligible for SC Security Clearance
Every employee is critical to our success and as such we offer a range of flexible employee benefits along with career development opportunities.
* Flexible working within core working hours
* Early Finish on a Friday
* 25 days holiday with the option to buy/sell 5 days plus bank holidays.
* 4 times your annual salary in life assurance
* Flexible benefits package (benefits such as, new car scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts, health screening and more!)
* Pension Scheme – Less than 5 years' service up to 5.5% employer contributions, 5 years' service + up to 7.5% employer contributions.
* Sports and Social club
* Supportive and friendly working environment with regular team events
You couldn’t be joining the team and Ultra at a more exciting time. Therefore if this sounds of interest, please follow the application process