Job ID 361162
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years' experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
Assystem Energy & Infrastructure are recruiting for a COGNOS Developer to work at our customers site in Derby on a contract basis.
Job title: COGNOS Developer
Contract length: 12 months
Contract type: PAYE via Umbrella solution
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Provide subject matter expertise in the use of Cognos.
* Provide subject matter expertise in the use of HTML. And HTML within Cognos.
* To support in managing the Cognos reporting software and supporting data warehouse.
* Champion a consistent application of analysis, design and implementation using established processes and techniques.
* Develop and deliver Cognos solutions in accordance with business reporting requirements.
* To manage own time efficiently to ensure that deadlines on multiple tasks/initiatives are met.
* Proactively engage with internal stakeholders and collaborate with them to provide insightful data and analysis in a business analysis capacity.
* Document reporting requirement and report specification documents.
* Document and assist with the creation of solution design documents.
* Conduct testing of newly developed solutions and assist users in performing UAT.
* Assist with the management and resolution of user support tickets.
* Investigate and troubleshoot reported issues.
* Manage key relationships with internal and external stakeholders and issue resolution.
* Significant specialist experience using IBM Cognos Analytics.
* Significant specialist experience developing HTML code
* Demonstrable development experience within the full IBM Cognos Analytics toolset including Framework Manager.
* Demonstrable Report studio development experience using both relational and multi-dimensional data.
* Experience with the development of metadata modelling using Cognos Framework Manager/Cognos Data Modules.
* Demonstrable experience of SQL (ORACLE/SQL server).
* Knowledge of Cognos Administration and Security.
* Experience of Data Warehouse concepts and standards.
This role requires the successful candidate to hold a minimum of a Security Check (SC) clearance without any caveats to that clearance.
Due to the nature of work this role will be delivering and for the protection of certain assets, the successful candidate has to be a UK national or in MoD approved cases a Dual National from a non-ITAR country.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future