These are the options/factors that you need to consider:
- Do your research
- Experience in Your Industry
- Trying Out the Service
- Trust Your Gut Instinct
- Track Record
- Blogs and Social Media
How to find the best CV writing services? This question has probably been asked by jobseekers millions of times.
Your CV is such an important document because it is the keys, in effect to unlocking your next job offer.
The clues could be in your interests or hobbies.
If you are (1) time poor, (2) fed up with your CV being rejected or (3) you’re looking to put yourself ahead of the competition, then you should consider using professional CV writing services.
Consider at least 3 alternatives then keep reducing the number until you have the final choice, that best suits your needs.
Do Your Research
Look for the following evidence:
- Does the company exist, or could it be a scam? Check if they have a physical address or website?
- Are there third-party testimonials from Google, Trustpilot etc? – These can often shine a light on how customer friendly the service you are considering really is.
- How does your potential service provider respond to enquiries?
- Do they take far too long?
- Quick and efficient?
Experience In Your Industry
- There are a few CV writers that have the resources to cover all industries and professions, but most will only cover certain categories
- You therefore need to establish from the start if they can deliver a CV, to match the career that you are looking to pursue?
Trying Out the Service
Some CV writers offer a free CV review, which is your opportunity to assess if they are a good fit for your needs.
Trust Your Gut Instinct
If you are dealing with a company or individual and it all feels wrong or something feels odd about the situation then it’s time to take a step back and ask questions.
If the price seems too good to be true, you need to ask yourself,
- What corners are being cut?
- Will the CV be done properly, or could you end up paying someone else to pick up the pieces?
- Alternatively, do the pricing options (or some parts of it) appear to be overpriced.
- There may be certain price points for services that are not relevant and therefore not worth the extra cost. It all depends on your requirements.
- Try to determine what the individual or company has achieved, are their customers happy?
- Are they members of a trade organisation?
- Is there a process in place to resolve queries or disputes?
- Have they won awards?
Blogs and Social Media
- This could be a critical insight into competence.
- Whether the services provided really are centred around the customer?
We ourselves have used this strategy recently to successfully determine the competence and knowledge of a potential service.
- Especially useful as it gives you a good starting point, whether the recommendation is personal or from someone in your network.
- Bear in mind that you should still follow our checklist to ensure the service is right for you.
- Unfortunately, it is still the case that you need to tread carefully when looking to engage a CV writer.
- That said, if you follow the various suggestions made in this post you are far more likely to get what you want, without getting your fingers burnt.
- So as a reminder you need to: Do your research – Assess the CV writer’s communication – Do they have experience in your industry? – Try out the service, if you can (Free option?) – Trust your gut instinct – Take a good look at the pricing structure – What is their track record? – Read up on any blogs or social media – Have they been recommended to you?
- Best CV writing services, was written by GARNICHE Jobs UK and is based on our own often frustrating experiences.
- This is why we felt it was so important to publish this guide.
- To Help Jobseekers to have a better experience and to hire Trusted CV & LinkedIn Profile Experts.